Wednesday, March 3, 2010

February Shiraz - Indaba


I am behind again on the shiraz drinking! This is now the 3rd shiraz from the Christmas 13, and its a 2008 Indaba Shiraz from South Africa. We are drinking the red wines in the new huge glasses, so I am definitely smelling a lot more from the wines we drink. My first impression of this one was that it STUNK! It also tastes a little weird, although I couldn't put my finger on exactly why. The winemaker's notes say "This fresh, juicy Shiraz flaunts lively flavors of ripe blackberry, blueberry and dark chocolate, with hints of white pepper, licorice and spice.", but I definitely didn't taste all of that. I thought it was pretty good, and I tasted some cherry and spice, but to me it wasn't THAT complex. Comparing the 3 I have tried so far, I would have to say the first one was the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment