Friday, March 12, 2010

Chisholm Trail Dessert Wine

I can't believe I forgot to write about this wine! I actually had this delicious wine the very end of February at a "Death by Chocolate" event at Cafe Monet. Cafe Monet is a place where you can go and paint your own pottery and then pick it up a few days later after they glaze it. There are a few places like this in Austin, and they're really cool. Well they were holding an event where for $10 a person you could eat unlimited chocolate while you paint! They allow drinks and food to be brought in, so we thought it would be a fun way to spend the evening.


They had tons of chocolate cake, cookies, brownies, chocolate covered fruit, and just plain chocolates! It was all amazing, and I had brought a sweeter wine that I thought would pair well and it DID. I have had the Chisholm Trail Dessert Wine for some time now, I think I bought it when Grapevine was closing. Its actually a cabernet, 18.5% alcohol, and yet sweet and delicious. This reminded me a bit of a port and was very smooth and VERY drinkable. Its a 2/3 size bottle and about $19 and well worth it... it is SO delicious.

It was so much fun to paint and relax while eating tons of chocolate and enjoying such a delicious wine. There are lots of things to paint at Cafe Monet, but most are kinda large and a bit expensive. I decided to paint a small dinosaur, since these were super cute, only $15 each, and there were 3 different ones to choose from.


After they were glazed they came out a lot darker and very shiny and are such a cute way to remember the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment