Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc

I went downtown for a Flaming Lips concert (which was AMAZING, by the way) and we were a little early, so stopped by a bar to have a drink. We went to Ginger Man, which is pretty cool if you like beer since there are tons of beers on tap there. Unfortunately, I hate beer but they also had a pretty decent wine and port menu. Lately I've been getting into sauvignon blancs because I've found a few I haven't hated, so decided to go with the Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc for $7 a glass. I looked this up on Specs just now and its about a $15 bottle, so their prices are NOT BAD considering it was a bar. The wine itself was just ok... it was pretty dry and bitter to me like most sauvignon blancs I've tried, but it definitely was drinkable. It tasted a bit watery to me, but I would have liked to try it with some food. I'd give it maybe a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment