Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Antonelli's Cheese Shop

I have made my way to Antonelli's, and must say I am impressed! It's about time Austin had its own cheese shop, and I will do everything in my power to make sure it stays here. Its very small inside, and there are only maybe 50 - 75 cheeses. The owners will let you sample anything you like, as many as you like! :) They also get in new cheeses all the time - they sell out of everything about every 3 days, so all their cheeses are super fresh. :o The atmosphere there is very relaxed, and they let you take your time finding what you want. The first time I went, I came out of there with 2 cheeses, a gruyere and a weird clothbound cheddar.
The prices are a little higher than you might find at HEB or a similar store, but you are definitely are paying for premium cheese here. The second time, we got 3 cheeses, an ossau iraty, a goat cheddar, and some mariekas gouda... ALL were amazing! Pictures to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment