Monday, March 15, 2010

Engagement Wines!

Everyone who knows me is already aware of this, but I am now engaged!!! :) This actually happened a few weeks ago but Im just now getting around to writing about it here because I wanted to review the wines I had that night. It wasn't really a big surprise, because we custom made the ring, but the actual date and time were surprise enough! The ring is AMAZING...
We went out to dinner at McCormick and Schmick and got some amazing food. Of course we had to have wine to celebrate, and we had just picked out our glasses when we noticed they were now serving wine flights! :o I LOVE wine flights, because then I don't have to commit to just one! They are actually a really good deal, because you get 3 glasses of 3 ounces each, although it seemed like way more than that to us! It's $12 and you can pick from any wines that are served by the glass. 

We decided to each get a flight, which would give us 6 mini glasses to taste :o. When picking, we generally went with the most expensive glasses on the menu, and wines that just seemed interesting. 

The three wines I ordered were the Crossings Pinot Noir, 14 Hands Cabernet, and J Vineyards Pinot Grigio. The Crossings Pinot Noir was really delicious, and we rated it a 9 and 8 out of 10! The 14 Hands was the wine I was originally going to get and it is amazing, we both rated it a 9. I ordered the pinot grigio just to try something new and because it was one of the more expensive ones. It turned out to be ok, but not great - we rated it a 7 and 6. 


Stephen ordered the best one of the night - I would have gotten it if he didn't. It was the Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc, and I don't know why it was so good, but it just was... delicious. We both rated it a 10, and I looked up it and its about $17 a bottle at Specs so I might get it sometime! He also got the Don Miguel Gascon Malbec, which was pretty good (rated 7/8), and the Bonterra Viognier which was pretty good too (rated 7/8). 

We topped off the night with some creme brulee. It was so amazing, and we are both so excited about the engagement! The wine was delicious, and I love the fact that I can get reasonably prices wine flights there. I will definitely be back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment