Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Campobarro Boxed Wine

I found this boxed wine at Whole Foods, and thought I should give it a try. I love the idea of a boxed wine thats actually GOOD, because then you can just have a little here and there without worrying about finishing the bottle before the wine goes bad! The franzia I tried was not very good, but it was only $11 for the equivalent of 7 bottles of wine. This tempranillo was $20 for 4 bottles of wine.

It was pretty decent - a few interesting flavors, but mostly just a good table wine to have around. It actually went pretty fast lol, and I guess it was worth the $20 I paid. It still comes out to about $1 a glass though, and for a little more than that price you can probably find a few wines that are more interesting than tasting the same taste for 4 bottles worth. I would be willing to try other similar wines though, just for the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment