Monday, January 11, 2010

Port Sour


Yuck, yuck, yuck! Ok lets start over... I got this port when Grapevine was going out of business and thought it would be interesting because its a white port, which is pretty uncommon. It was bottom shelf, about $12 (on sale for 8). The SMELL is gross but I tasted it anyway and the TASTE is gross as well. It is "extra dry", which means it is not sweet at all, and is very strong at 20% alcohol.

It was not drinkable, so I tried to come up with a solution. I tried mixing it with lemonade to give it some sweetness, and it actually became much better. I named this new drink a "port sour".

I still have the whole bottle, and although the port sour was acceptable, it was by no means delicious. I will have to think some more about what to do with the rest of this nasty port. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment