Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Specs Wine Tasting

The first Specs tasting of the new year is a cause for celebration! On the menu were definitely more obscure wines than usual which was exciting. There was a torrontes, carmenere, albarino, prosecco, and lots of French and Italian wines. There was an Uma Torrontes, which was clearly the favorite of the night - at only $7 it was the only wine sold out. The Tres Valles Carmenere was good (but not as good as the Terra Andina). There was a white burgundy, which is really just French chardonnay, and that was pretty good, as well as the Martin Codax albarino. Five bad ones (lets not focus on those), and the rest were just ok.

I didn't end up buying any wine this time, because nothing really jumped out at me. I did, however, get some manchego they were sampling, as well as 2 cheeses which were getting a little moldy and so were 50% off. Thats not a problem for me, I just cut off that tiny but of mold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment