Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Franzia Boxed Wine

I've been hearing about Franzia for years and always thought it would be terrible and a disgrace to wine, so never tried it. However, I figured the time had come! I wasn't expecting much, but wanted to try it just for the experience. At HEB, you can buy a 5 liter box of Franzia, which is equal to about 6 bottles of wine, for about $11. I figured at that price, I could throw it out if I didn't like it. There are like a million flavors, and I chose the Crisp White, thinking it would be hardest to screw up.

The wine is in a bag inside the box, and supposedly stays fresh for up to 6 weeks! Its got a spout, so you just keep it in the fridge and open the spout when you want some, like a water cooler. So if the wine is good, this is AMAZING! 6 bottles of wine... for 6 weeks... for only $11. Ok time to try...

Not bad! I mean its not GOOD, its pretty plain and uninteresting, but its definitely not bad. In fact it tastes almost like regular apple juice. The Crisp White is only 9%, so its very light and I can barely taste the alcohol at all. Its kinda cool having it in the fridge and not having to worry about it going bad. I can just have a little at a time and stretch it out.

Im not sure that I LIKE it, and after having it for a little bit its kind of boring. However, I would also be interested in trying other flavors just to see what they're like.

No comments:

Post a Comment