Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Gewurztraminer

As I have mentioned before, my parents do not really like wine that much. They will try it only if I bring it over, and are very limited in what they think is good. Basically they like rieslings ok, and are not very interested in trying much else. So for Christmas I decided to bring a gewurztraminer, which I thought would be a little different, yet still delicious.

The one I picked was the Helrich Gewurztraminer. I tried a Helrich pinot gris at a tasting a while back and bought the bottle and LOVED IT! I have also been told the riesling by that brand was amazing, so figured the Gewurztraminer would be excellent as well. I went to Specs and asked for a recommendation and that was the first one shown to me - so why wouldn't I get it?

The parents ended up thinking it was ok, but not really great. It definitely was not as sweet as the riesling and was more citrusy and sour. My mom and dad said it tasted like a grapefruit! I thought it was a little better when it wasn't so cold, but it still wasn't something I liked. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment