Sunday, December 6, 2009

Champagne

I have only had a small amount of champagne in my life, almost exclusively on New Years and I usually hate it. Its bitter mostly and I don't really like carbonated drinks. However, I was babysitting this Saturday and the family was about to go out to a party and had a glass of champagne and offered me one. Never turning down a sample, I figured I'd try it.

I don't know if this was actually "champagne", as that is a specific type of sparkling wine that comes from Champagne, France. Either way, it was some sort of sparkler. At first it was the same old bitter bubbly, but I gave it a chance. Then... it started to get better! It started to taste fruity and the crisp bitterness was almost refreshing! I even loved the carbonation! They said I could have a little more when they left, so I poured 1/2 a glass and found some strawberries and decided to try the classic combo of champagne and strawberries.

WOW! What a difference! The sweetness of the strawberries paired SO well with the champagne! How have I never tried this before? It was amazing! Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the champagne or really know anything about it. However, Im inspired to try more champagnes and other sparking wines in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment