Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Riesling

Thanksgiving means delicious food and wine and this year was no exception. I went to visit my parents and brother, none of whom are big wine fans. My dad and brother actually hate wine, so bringing a wine everyone would like was a big challenge. Luckily, I knew the perfect wine!

Schloss Vollrads riesling, one of the best rieslings I've ever had. I originally had it in a restaurant in Dallas and loved it, but haven't had it in a couple of years. When Grapevine Market had their closeout sale, I got a couple of bottles for $10 instead of $15. I remembered it being amazing, and hoped it still would be a few years later, for a group of people who are not into wine.

The wine ended up being a success! My mom has had a few rieslings before and its the only type of wine she even kind of likes, so I wasn't surprised she liked it. My dad hasn't had wine since college and never drinks, and he liked it too! My brother only likes beer and never drinks wine, and even he said it wasn't bad! Success! :)

The wine is very light and fruity. It tastes almost slightly bubbly, and is inoffensive in every way. Its very refreshing and versatile and is pretty inexpensive so basically its an all around winner! I will definitely get this wine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment