Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gallo White Zinfandel


Even wine connoisseurs (in training) need a day off and sometimes you have to go back to basics. When I first started drinking wine years ago, my favorite thing was white zinfandel. It was light, fruity, and totally accessible. It was also super cheap and abundant. My old favorite was Barefoot White Zinfandel, which broke the bank at a cool $4.99.

Anyway, I recently got a 4 pack of Gallo White Zinfandels recently! The great thing about the 4 packs is that you don't have to open a whole bottle of wine and risk it going bad before you can drink it all. Its great for when you just want a little bit of something. For this reason I used to get these fairly frequently a few years ago.

Its been a while, but it was time to taste them again. This wine is bright pink and tastes like a sweet strawberry. Its as simple as that - tastes like a strawberry. But a delicious strawberry! This wine is also very light (9% alcohol) and can easily be drunk on its own - Im not sure what it would pair with. Its delicious, simple, and convenient. I wouldn't want this for special occasions or all the time, but it was a nice treat! Im also wondering if it would be good mixed with other things, since its so sweet and cheap. Perhaps throw in a shot of vodka? Sangria? Mix into a cocktail? I might be exploring some options! :o

No comments:

Post a Comment