Friday, August 7, 2009

Barefoot Moscato

After writing about and drinking that Gallo White Zinfandel, I had a craving to try my old stand-by, Barefoot wines. It really has probably been a couple of years since I have had one, and since I used to like them so much they deserve a second chance. One time I went to the store when they were on sale and got like one of every flavor to try haha, so I was pretty familiar with all of them.

EXCEPT the moscato! I went to HEB and looked around for one to try and saw they have a new one out! Also, moscatos and muscat canellis are becoming one of my new favorite wines since the Austin Wine Festival, so of course I had to get this one. I even got a chance to try out my new wine glasses! I went to a GoodWill recently to look for The Sims 3 (found it for a dollar!!!) and saw a matching set of 4 colored champagne flutes which were miraculously not broken.

The bottle says this wine has hints of peach, apricot, lemon, and orange and thats a pretty accurate description. It especially tastes like peach and lemon to me and smells AMAZING! It smells sweet and floral, maybe like a honeysuckle? Not sure about that, but either way its delicious. Its also a very light wine, coming in at 9% alcohol. Overall Id say this is a delicious, light summery wine that I would definitely get again. What's even better is that its still only $5.99!

One more thing... the Austin Cheese Society is coming into town on Saturday for their annual Cheese Festival and I WANT TO GO! This is a once a year festival that moves around the country every year and may not ever come to Austin again, so its really a once in a lifetime chance. There will be 1000+ cheeses from all over the country along with snacks and wine and you get to meet the cheesemakers as well! Its held at the Hilton hotel downtown, so its sure to be a fancy affair. The only thing possibly holding me back is the pricetag of $75 a ticket. Still, its a once in a lifetime chance and Im strongly considering going.

No comments:

Post a Comment