Friday, May 7, 2010

Apothecary Cafe and Wine Bar

I had a groupon coupon to Apothecary Café and Wine Bar and finally used it since it expired today. I never would have found this place unless I had a coupon, its in a small strip mall on Burnet Rd. We went really late, just about 45 minutes before it closed, but were sure glad we did! They have coffee, sandwiches, soups, other food, and a pretty extensive wine list. We ended up getting the Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc which we had both loved from McCormick and Schmick, and I got the weirdest wine on the list.

 There was a wine from Slovenia called Quattro Mani Tocai and the description was “margarita in a wine glass”. I asked for a taste before I ordered it since it sounded so weird, and it was actually quite interesting! It was lemon-lime flavored and I swear I could smell and taste some tequila in there lol. I ordered a glass so I could try more, and it ended up not being so great the more I had of it. A little bit was a novelty, but a whole glass ended up just being bitter and a bit weird. Still, it was cool to try a wine from Slovenia!

As a side note, the food there was amazing! We ordered a smoked turkey, brie, apple, and honey sandwich and it was so delicious. They also make a really great brushetta, with super fresh tomatoes and a vinaigrette sauce. On the menu it said that Sundays and Mondays they have $10 off a bottle of wine, and most the wine is between $25 – 35 so I definitely want to come back, share a bottle, and have a cute date there soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment