Thursday, February 4, 2010

Moscato Comparisons

When I went to visit my parents last weekend, my mom had a few wines she wanted me to try. One had been open for a few days and was almost finished, and the other one we opened together.


The Rocca Cerrina had been opened for a few days, but I thought it tasted fantastic! It was still slightly carbonated, and reminded me a bit of a cream soda. It was very smooth, slight vanilla flavors, and a bit more complex than I usually find in a moscato.


This one we opened that day, and I must say I wasn't a big fan. It was VERY carbonated and that carbonation masked any smells or tastes I could find. It was basically alright, but nothing special. I let my glass sit out a bit and tried it later when some of the bubbles had gone away and I felt the same way. There wasnt much to this wine except sweet and sparkling.

Of the two, the Rocca Cerrina was definitely better. I will have to try it when it is freshly opened sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment