Tuesday, February 9, 2010

January Shiraz - Koonunga Hill

This was the lower priced shiraz from Australia, and I immediately recognized the Penfolds brand from the last Specs wine tasting. I had tried two Penfolds shiraz's there, one at $10 and one at $20. The main difference between the two was that the lower priced one was made from grapes all over Australia, and the $20 one was made from grapes all grown in the same small area. They tasted about the same to me.

So it was cool to try yet another Penfolds shiraz! I thought this wine was pretty good, but it didn't really blow me away. It tasted a bit like blueberries which was cool, and was a bit spicy but nothing very concrete. I remember feeling a lot more excited about the December shiraz. Basically it was good, but kind of simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment