Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Drinks at the Mohawk

I went to the Mohawk a few nights ago for a concert and while perusing their bar area was surprised to find Sake2Me drinks for $1! I don't really like sake, and have never heard of that brand, but figured what the heck for a dollar. What I got was a wine cooler bottle full of delicious flavored cold sake, asian pear to be exact. It was pretty good! Unfortunately, it must have been a short lived special because when I went back less than an hour later, they were all out. So I figured I would give their wine selection a try, even though wine is WAY overpriced almost everywhere.

They only had one wine and it was Robert Mondavi Cabernet. Having no other drink options (I hate most mixed drinks), I gave it a try. It was a tragic $6 for half a plastic cups worth. I later saw the bottle at a Walgreens for only $9. Ugh. Anyway, the wine was not bad. It was drinkable, and had a very strong dried cherry flavor on the finish which I loved. Overall, it was pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment