Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Woodrose Wicked Red

Stephen and I bought this wine a few years ago when we visited Woodrose Winery for the first time. It was a special wine that is normally only available to wine club members, but for some reason we had special attention from one of the owners.

I had this wine with a dinner of steelhead trout, a broccoli and chicken dish, and some peas. It was DELICIOUS! The wine was amazing from the very first sip, which usually doesn’t happen. It is a blend of about 2/3 merlot and 1/3 cabernet. The interesting thing about this wine is that it is only 11.8% alcohol, which is very unusual for a bold red. Most reds are 13 – almost 15% and it shows. This wine is smooth, incredibly tasty and not at all harsh or alcoholic. I think this wine was around $25 and it is well worth it. I would definitely buy this again, although I’m not sure if I could find it anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment