Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve wines

We got together with Stephen's parents and my parents for some holiday fun on Christmas Eve and had a delicious array of foods and wines. My parents are not into red wine, so before they came Stephen and I opened a Becker claret we had brought, which is delicious. In my opinion, most if not all of the Becker wines are very solid choices and most are between $10 - 15 so a good value too.


My parents arrived and they had brought wine too, so we opened a Biltmore Century white wine, which unfortunately I forgot to snap a picture of. It's a wine I introduced my parents to that they now like. It's a blend of riesling, gewurztraminer, and muscat canelli and is a little higher alcohol than what they were used to (12%). It's very good.

We all ate some soup, salad, and sandwiches and munched on cookies and other treats as we played Apples to Apples which is probably my favorite game ever.

We also opened another wine near the end of the night which I had never had before but always thought looked interesting.


It is a Root: 1 Cabernet and I think Stephen's parents bought it because it had high reviews. It turned out to be very good as well! We ended up staying pretty late but the night was a lot of fun and a very good Christmas Eve. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment