Sunday, November 21, 2010

Martini & Rossi Sparkling Wine

For some reason I felt like opening a sparking wine and I've had this one for a little while. Stephen wanted to try a new way of opening sparklers called "kniving" I think. Basically you open the top of the bottle but leave the cork in. Then, you rub a knife up and down against the neck of the bottle really fast and its supposed to build up the carbonation. Finally, the cork should shoot out.












Well we tried it and it WORKED! The only thing is that the cork did not exactly shoot out, it shot off a piece of the bottle with it...
















It was very fun. As for the actual wine, I liked it! It was somewhat sweet and very drinkable. I wanted to try it also because I've heard champagnes and other sparkling wines that something in them that amplifies the effects of the wine, making you feel slightly different. 

I'm not sure I'd get this wine again just for fun, but if I needed a sparkling wine for some reason I would consider it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment