Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chisholm Trail Blanc du Bois

I'm not sure how, but we have THREE of these wines. I think the Round Rock Grapevine Market closing sale is partly to blame. Anyway, it is definitely time to drink one of them. Stephen just got back from a week long business trip to New York, so we decided wine was in order. As always, this blanc du bois is exceptional. I was curious as to what grapes are in here so I looked it up and found out blanc du bois IS the grape. Apparently it's some man made hybrid? It's similar to a sauvignon blanc but with just a hint of sweetness. The flavors are perfectly balanced and this particular wine has definitely citrus but also some floral notes as well as peach.

I love this wine so much I am definitely going to have to investigate other blanc du bois. In fact, I have a blanc du bois Haak white port that is A...MA...ZING that I got at the wine festival in May that I might have to revisit soon. This might have to be my "it" wine of the moment. 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment