Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas wine

Christmas was amazing this year, we were all very fortunate to receive so many wonderful presents! One of my favorites has been the new camera Stephen's parents gave us since they know I love to take pictures so much. My photos for the blog, scrapbook, and just in general will be so much better! :) Stephen and I had a ban on giving wine as a present this year since we have SO many bottles already, but I should have known he would give me one anyway lol.


It is a Cabo de Hornos from Chile and is a blend of cabernet, syrah, and malbec. It sounds very interesting and was a bit pricey so we will probably keep it in our new wine cooler for a little while! He also got me a cork cage which I will get a picture of shortly. It is like a wire house where you drop corks in through the chimney and then you can keep the corks for memories.

I had just seen my parents for Christmas Eve, but my brother was only coming into town on Christmas day, so they all stopped by for a short gift exchange and a little wine and a mini round of Apples to Apples. We were trying to think of a wine they might like but would be new to them and came up with an good one we have had for a little bit. It is a 2008 Flat Creek orange muscat and we all loved it! It is 11% alcohol but tastes extremely smooth. It's a tad sweet with a hint of orange but overall was just a very smooth easy drinking delicious wine. I actually don't think I like it as much as the Texas Hills orange muscat though, which is higher alcohol (14%) with a little more kick and balance to it. This one, like the Texas Hills one, is a little pricey though at $17 for a 2/3 sized bottle.


As I said before, we got many wonderful presents and had an excellent Christmas overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment