Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend and Wines!

Just like on July 4th, we spent the Labor Day holiday with lots of family. It was great to sit around, relax, and catch up on all the craziness that has been going on around here - it seriously has been the busiest summer of all time. We brought a wine, and my parents decided to open the bottle of malvasia bianca we gave them from San Francisco. I think this is the first wine from our trip that we have had! When we first tasted this wine at Blackstone, I remember it tasted VERY sweet! However, when I tasted it again on Sunday, it was much tarter than I remember. This is almost surely because at Blackstone we tasted many strong red wines, and in comparison, this one was like a dessert lol! Anyway, we all tried it and I believe everyone liked it! I got hints of grapefruit, lime, and still a definite sweetness. I think even my mom liked it, although it was strong for her at 12.5% alcohol! She's used to 7% wines haha.

The 6 of us each had only about a half glass of this, so that my parents could keep a little for later. We decided to open the wine that we brought, which again, was a Cameron Hughes wine! We brought the lot 151, which is a riesling/chenin blanc blend. When I first opened this wine, I thought it tasted VERY much like apples - almost a bit too much! I could taste the chenin blanc more than the riesling for sure. It was still good though. However, we took back the rest of it and I tried it again the next day and WOW! It was much better! Very crisp and much sweeter like a riesling. Too bad we only had a little bit left, I wanted more! :) So delicious!

We chatted, drank wine, watched wedding videos (Stephen's parents still hadn't seen them), played lots of catch outside, and Taboo. Of course we had delicious food and lots of desserts including...

The Monster Cake! :o So cuuuuuute!

No comments:

Post a Comment