Monday, September 20, 2010

2004 Muller Catoir Riesling

We have kept many of our wines way too long and are making more of an effort to drink some of the older ones (especially whites). This is a more expensive dry riesling we got when Grapevine had its close out sale, and decided it was time to drink it. I honestly have no idea how much this wine cost - it was a long time ago and my attempts to look it up online have gotten me nowhere. Seems like it might range between $25 - 50 (which we bought for 1/3 less).

At first we thought this expensive wine might be CORKED! When we took the cork out it was totally wet and we were seriously worried. However, it ended up being fine. On first taste, I did NOT like this wine! Yuck! It was very bland and dry and did not taste anything like I expected. The next night, though, it was tasting a little better. And finally on the third night it was probably the best, although I did not get very much from this wine to be honest. I would not buy it again and especially not for the higher price we paid. I do think Stephen liked it a bit though, but dry whites are more his thing I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment