Monday, August 2, 2010

Cameron Hughes Wines at Costco


Cameron Hughes is a genius. This guy buys excess juice from wineries that sell their wines for top dollar but can't sell their entire stock. He then bottles it in a pretty plain bottle with just a bin number, doesn't say where it's from, and sells it for much less. (Read about it all here). The result of this is that you can buy a very pricey bottle of wine for cheap... except you may not know exactly what you are drinking. He has been known to work with very prestigious wineries though, the kind I may have visited in Napa and Sonoma. This is VERY interesting to me and I want to buy them all and try them all and try to figure out where they're from (not that I would have any idea lol). It's like a wine tasting puzzle... and the best thing is that I saw 6 of these wines at Costco!!! I didn't get any because it was just too overwhelming, but I am still thinking about getting like 1 of each. There are plenty left...

No comments:

Post a Comment