Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July!

I had a fantastic 4th of July! My day started out with a humongous run - 20 miles! I am training for my first marathon and its only 3 weeks away now, so we actually woke up super early and burned about 2,000 calories. Later in the afternoon, my family and Stephen's family all got together at my parents' house and had a blast! We ate lots of food, flew kites, watched some old videos, set off fireworks, and basically chatted and hung out. It was very relaxing. Of course the 4th had to involve some kind of wine, and my mom had the great idea to try to make a peach bellini! So she had bought some prosecco and frozen peaches and we made up a recipe lol.


Here is my mom trying to blend up some frozen peaches, which did NOT work very well until we added some orange juice. We also had to add some sugar because the peaches were way too sour. FINALLY we had some peach puree and poured in the prosecco.


I tried the prosecco by itself and it was pretty dry and not really my thing. The mixed drink turned out pretty ok, but not great. We needed some more ingredients, and I wonder what else they put in those delicious peach drinks! All in all, the day was really fun and relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment