Thursday, September 10, 2009

Marques de Caceres Crianza

There havent been too many posts lately because I have been slowly working on the same bottle of Marques de Caceres Crianza. I LOVE this wine! This crianza was recommended as one of the best reds to serve cold and I was skeptical at first based on the last red we tried cold. However, this one is great! It holds all the flavors you would normally expect from a nice red wine, but the lower temperature makes it nice and refreshing! It feels very light even though its still 13.5% alcohol.

It has changed a bit from the first glass to the last, and I've probably kept it open a tad too long... going on... 5 or 6 days now so oops about that. But even now and ESPECIALLY when it was first opened, its simply delicious. So delicious and refreshing that I want to go get another bottle to drink soon, which is something I rarely do. Normally once I drink something, I try not to have it again for 6+ months or so just because there are so many wonderful things to try. I believe its pretty easy to find and was around $12 - 13.

UPDATE: I went to Specs and was talking with one of my favorite wine guys about the white rioja from the same maker and he said he HATES the red rioja I just reviewed! He said it lacks structure and is nothing but fruit! HMMMM o rly? Is that perhaps why it makes such a nice chilled red? Because it is basically a wine cooler in disguise? Interesting! Well I still like it either way, but he steered me away from the white one, saying there are much better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment