Friday, July 3, 2009

Messina Hof Pinot Grigio


In celebration of a great few days, I decided to open a wine that I've been wanting to try for a few months now. Its like a million degrees outside, so we were looking for a light fruity summer wine and I knew just the one! I decided on a Messina Hof Pinot Grigio, which was one of my favorite wines at the Specs Texas Tasting, and was only about 8 - 9 bucks too!

This wine is light and fruity - the perfect balance of sweet and bitter. It tastes like a grapefruit, with a medium citrusy finish. However, it is just fruity enough to strike a nice balance and make it very delicious. The flavor seems to change as the temperature does, and really opens as the wine warms up. I also sense hints of lemon, and would definitely get this wine again. I don't know that it pairs particularly well with anything, but it is quite delicious on its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment