Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gouda with Truffles

Whenever I express my opinions on dogs as anything less than "OMG HOW CUUUUUUUTE DOGS ARE THE BEST", I get looked at like I just chewed up some adorable puppies. I have my reasons. Like take a few days ago for instance. I had tried this super amazing cheese at Specs that just blew me away, but decided not to get it right away. After thinking about it for a few weeks, I went back and got the $35/lb gouda with truffles. This cheese is the BEST. I brought it over for an after dinner treat so that everyone could try it and bask in its amazingness. A few minutes after putting it on the counter, it mysteriously had disappeared! Nobody knew where it was! Seriously cheeses don't just up and walk off do they? Or DO they... finally we found the missing cheese in the MOUTH OF A DOG!!! Apparently, the cheese (maybe) had (somehow) fallen to the floor, and stealthily the dog scooped it up and silently went away to eat it. UGH! Luckily only a corner was nibbled off and it was still wrapped in plastic so most of it was salvageable, but I'd say it took away from the charm.

Anyway, the cheese was awesome as always. It is soooo creamy and had a pretty mild flavor. There is just a small amount of truffles in there, but they add an earthiness and make the cheese a little more robust. In the future, I think this cheese would pair really well with a pinot noir. I think everyone liked it and I will definitely get it again, although I don't know when since there are so many delicious cheeses out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment