Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Anniversary Sushi


For our 1 yr anniversary, Stephen and I decided to go out for some sushi! Sushi is probably our favorite food, and we had a gift certificate to use and the night off so we headed out to Mikado.


We were staying for a while, so we decided to get some drinks out, which is something we usually don't do at restaurants. But, it was a special night and interesting drinks so we went ahead. Stephen got a small sake (which was terrible to me) and I tried a plum wine, which was great! It was very sweet - a little too sweet, like a dessert wine, but it was a very low alcohol wine. Then, our food came!


I love seaweed salad so much!


The sushi was REALLY great and it was hard to pick our favorites. I believe we got an eel roll, california roll, soft shell crab, and spicy tuna - all of which were amazing. To go along with our sushi, we decided to each order a flight of different flavored cold sakes. Each flight had about 2 ounces of 3 different sakes.


My sakes were pear, apple, and lychee flavored. The apple was by far the best, and the lychee tasted really strange. Pear flavored things are never really my thing, but they all were very interesting to try.


I'm not sure how to really tell Stephen's sakes apart, but there they are! It's cool to see how different sakes can taste. Here they are in case anyone is interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment