Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wine and Cheese Party

I was invited to a wine and cheese party held by someone at my school and my first thought was "what wine should I bring???". After much deliberation, I decided I should bring our Chisholm Trail Blanc du Bois because its so delicious, but then selfishly, Stephen and I thought we should maybe keep that one. :/ We won't be drinking our own wine when there are so many options there, so we decided to bring one we wouldn't miss too much lol. We had no idea what kind of party this was going to be! We ended up bringing one of the last Cameron Hughes wines, the chardonnay.


There were a lot of people, and I want to say maybe 20 - 30 bottles of wine there and I wanted to try them all! There were a few repeats and definitely some everyday wines, but some really stood out. We poured maybe 1/4 glasses so we could taste lots. Here were some of the favorites of the night...






All of those were really good! Near the end of the party there was a lot of wine left so we just started our own tasting party. We poured about a sip of each of the wines that were still open and didn't find much we liked. We talked with a few other people about what they liked and it turns out the best wine of the night went pretty fast right at the beginning. Now I know I'm in the company of some serious wine drinkers, and will have to contribute accordingly next year!

The main focus of the night for me was on the wine (and chatting!) but there were definitely some great cheeses too. The theme seemed to be lots of softer cheeses, and I had the chance to probably try 4 or 5 brie looking cheeses of varying deliciousness. MAN I just love wine and cheese tastings like that. A fun time was definitely had!

No comments:

Post a Comment